Riding a motorcycle is a lot of fun. But it can be very dangerous.
When a motorcycle accident occurs, there is a high likelihood of severe injuries because motorcycles do not have the safety features present in cars like seat belts and airbags.
-The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) reported an estimated 84,000 motorcycle accidents, 5,014 died in the crash.
-The KDOT (Kansas Department of Transportation) reported a total of 815 motorcycle accidents, 40 were fatal and 750 were injured in the crash.
-MODOT (Missouri Department of Transportation) reported that 876 lives were lost in Missouri traffic crashes and 118 motorcyclists were killed.
So, the best way to avoid becoming the next motorcycle accident victim is to pay serious attention to safety. If you are going to ride a motorcycle, it is important you learn some tips on how to avoid accidents.
Safety tips for motorcycle riders.
- Learn to ride and get training.
- Wear proper gear: long pants and shirts that have sleeves.
- Wear a HELMET.
- Always be alert while riding the motorcycle.
- Don’t ride in dangerous weather.
- Insure yourself.
- Get a license.
- Get a registration.
- Don’t speed.
- Check your bike before every ride.
- Respect the rules of the road.
- Don’t drink and drive.
Motorcycle Safety Tips for Car Drivers
- Avoid distraction.
- Beware of your blind spots.
- Use your turn signals.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Be careful when taking left turns.
- Be careful at night and dim your headlights.
- Leave space when riding behind a motorcyclist.
Some attorneys at the Devkota Law Firm are motorcycle riders and they do not play around when it comes to protecting the rights of motorcyclists hurt in accidents caused by others’ negligence. So, remember, if you are injured in a motorcycle accident, always rely on the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney in Kansas City to help you get the compensation you truly deserve.